A fine vane, no, make that two




      Out and about in the local fenland and we find ourselves driving through Thorney, just off the A47, and then we are stopped in our tracks admiring the weather vanes on the very splendid local church. The wind vanes are simply huge and very, very impressive, they'd grace any house but it would need to be substantial building because I could quite easily see them pulling the building over.
      Anyway, below is a view of the two towers each with their respective vane but remember 'don't covet your neighbours architectural embellishments', that's naughty.
      The main door is quite impressive too but more on that on another post.





Comments

  1. magnificent, love a weather vane - when I first saw the picture I honestly thought it was Spain....TTFN Dickie

    ReplyDelete

  2. Dickie, it feels like Spain 41 degrees on my shaded thermometer this afternoon... I've poured a medicinal IPA
    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment