Back to the 60's in the bottom drawer



      I think I must have caught an early dose of spring cleaning fever. I've been cleaning out one of my plans chests because it's absolutely packed to the gunwales, packed with prints, sketch books and a poster collection. The poster collection has been reduced a little by our children begging them and then framing them for their kitchens, living rooms, studies and stairs. In fairness at least the old 'Go to work on an egg' and 'James Bond' posters are being looked at rather than kept in the dark and when we visit it's good to see them.
      I've found old prints of floats, flies and lures and this rather fine poster from Christmas 1967 for a housewife shop in Covent Garden, I think the shop is long gone now. The fascinating thing for me were the prices in pounds, shillings and pence. How cheap they seem against todays prices.
      Below are the linocut prints of floats, flies and lures and there's more posters and prints  to follow.





Comments