From the tradesman's entrance




      Just for the very beginning, you could say dawn of a new week here are five of the early morning views that have greeted me at theback door at the start of a new day. Absolutely splendid, skies as dramatic as these are a real pleasure to see.
      One of the really good things about the shorter days is that it is easier to view the night-time breaking up and turning into daylight and in fact it's good to be up and around viewing dawn any day or season of the year. Even with two Jack Russell Terriers squabbling around your ankles.
      



      Every one of the photographs has been taken within the last three weeks so you see it really is worth getting out of bed, pushing the two terriers out for a pee and keeping the camera handy along with the very necessary hot mug of tea or coffee. Not forgetting the sourdough toast and marmalade or honey.
      Here's to tomorrow then, and now it's time for the long walk terriers.



Comments

  1. Beautiful shots John. You must have your hands full keeping those terriers in check, and I know you love it.
    Sourdough toast now you did it.....

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks Alan, They are handful and in particular the one year old... I'm still battling to comment on your blog because of the postage stamp pictures proving I'm not a robot but well done to your daughter, very well done in fact. Regards, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this batch of photos John. To my mind a fitting tribute to Nickola Tesla. Three is featured throughout (3 poles, 3 transformers, 3 bushings and 3 conductors). I would caption the last portrait shot "Eli the ice man" cometh. A useful mnemonic device well known in electrical engineering. Tesla, of course, is the father of AC power, in my view anyway. Re: your smelly terrier, at least she wasn't skunked. Do you have skunks in your neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete

  4. John,

    No skunks but fox dumps are bad enough, thankfully I haven't had the privilege of smelling 'skunk spray'. Glad you like the power lines, I'm fascinated by the images of them. Regards, John

    ReplyDelete

  5. Alan, Just tried your comment button again and after 42 attempts to prove I'm not a robot I gave up but that is my personal best at comment attempts! Regards, John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fen skunks. Its bad enough when the brassicas get damp and steamy.

    ReplyDelete

  7. BB, The worst is when they are cutting leeks on a wet day. Or ploughing in onions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. John, I believe your comments are posting. The last blog post I did I see you came through as "anonymous"...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment