We will now sing




      A bit of a strange post this one but because the Boss and I live in a converted Baptist Church we bought this old hymn board, It's quite a few years since the initial purchase and I have kept looking at it and promising myself that I would clean it up and put a new header panel in but other jobs just kept getting in the way.
      Well, finally in the lousy weather a couple of weeks ago when the big storm blew in I started sanding and cleaning all the oak, waxing the wood and prepared and completed the lettering.
      My free-hand lettering isn't what it used to be and the hand carrying out the lettering isn't as steady as it used to be either, but it looks OK. I was going to scrape the lettering off and start again but the Boss said leave it or it'll be another two years. Fair enough said I.
      She'd also found a box of old hymn numbers on eBay but the numbers on the board aren't hymns, they're some of the numbers of flats and houses we've lived in over the past fifty odd years.
      Now we just have to decide where to hang it. I'm sure I'll be told soon enough.


Comments

  1. Good idea(old home numbers) and a good job!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Neil,

    Thank you. I'm still waiting for the Boss to tell where it is to be hung. It's a bit like waiting for divine intervention! John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment