From today the chainsaw is dead




      I need to buy a tractor, maybe even two, after this timber sawing and splitting demonstration from our farmer friend across the road.
The whole operation was powered by one vintage Ferguson tractor plus belt and a three foot diameter circular rip-saw and a slightly younger Massey Ferguson fitted with an hydraulic powered log splitter. Sigh! Watching this equipment at work made me go quite weak at the knees.
      It would have taken me close to six days work with the chain saw and a splitting axe to produce what was finished in about six or seven hours. Incredible, what a result and when the second trailer load is added to the first what a mountain of logs there will be.


      Knowing what I am like with sharp things I may have to hone the presentation to the boss just a little to make it more persuasive but I really don't foresee any problems. Think of the economy, that'll be the clincher. 
      Back from her afternoon patrol to the local kitchen shop and delicatessen and guess what, the answer was no!
      I'll just stack all this firewood and promise not to trap my fingers.



Comments