Hanging on the gallery wall

Ravanelli didn't score


      Oh, the trials of being a Middlesbrough supporter. 
      This print was produced as a result of a match over Christmas during the 1996-1997 season and Boro had lost 0 - 1 at home to Everton, I'm sure it was Everton, and at the same time a David Ginola inspired Newcastle United had thrashed Spurs 7 - 1 and the boss is a Newcastle supporter so I'm sure you can see where this is going...
      At this point I am asked 'did you know my great grandfather played for Newcastle?', of course I bloody well did we've only been married for fortyone years! Spurs must have been so poor I'm sure great grandfather could have scored a couple in that game, crikey even Boro could have managed one, but then again maybe not.
      It was time to cut a cathartic lino block, pour a beer and hide from the gloating.


Comments