An old friend catches up


      Cruising along, the boss in the turret and me driving, I swerved and rumbled to a halt. 'What's wrong' said the boss taking off her fly spattered Battle of Britain goggles. 'The type' I said 'look at that type'.
      Predictably the normally hawk-eyed boss spots these things but obviously Profil from 1946 1948-ish wasn't one of her favourites; probably too reminiscent of the British Restaurants. What a job Eugen and Max Lenz did with this gorgeous font.
      Meanwhile I hurled myself out of the vehicle and photographed it before somebody stole it. The boss reckoned there was no chance of that happening and why risk life and limb diving between the tractors and JCBs anyway.
      Posterity that's why. Before you ask it wouldn't go in the garden either, it would go in the bedroom, kitchen or living room.
      Amazingly it's not going anywhere and neither am I, well not until I've had my medication.
      I still think it's beautiful and it's got two of my initials in it too, almost perfect.