Art in action



      There a few smells as evocative as the smell of all that luscious fruit soaking, and soaking in Drambuie too. I know the clocks haven't quite gone back, that moment when it does become winter, but I really can smell Christmas goodies.
      Now, when the cake is mixed and goes in the oven that's another great moment and when it comes out is one too. Then there's the unwrapping, pricking the surface of the cake and pouring in more Drambuie.
      It just gets better and better.
      Did I mention eating it? No? Well I'll report on Christmas Day but it goes without saying that is also a truly great moment.
      Sorry about the smudge at bottom right of the picture but that was caused by me nicking a whole glace cherry soaked in Drambuie. I blame the the fumes for the bad aim at the mouth.
      The boss says that'll teach me.
      I say no it won't!