The red complements the grass rather well, but what are they? We've looked in our handy 'Observer's Book of what not to make mushroom sauce with but it only highlights the danger of these little beauties.
We think that it is Hygrocybe Coccineocrenata and it has a little skull and crossbones next to the name. Amazingly this means poisonous, not to be eaten, can affect health adversely or is deadly. The poisons are unidentified too.
The only trip you would get with these would be in an ambulance or a hearse.