Finally, a Pike through the 20lb barrier



     On the spur of the moment I decided to to fish on Thursday afternoon, mostly because of the weather horrors of Wednesday and the weather man's promises for Friday. The day was breezy and bright, not the best conditions in my opinion, but the sky was a quite beautiful Fenland sky. 
      It was back to my favourite stretch of drain yet again and late in the afternoon the only run of the day arrived. Ten minutes passed before I finally got the float above the surface and saw the fish, all 26 pounds and 7ounces of it.
      Witnessed and weighed by the farmer on his verified scales, a quick photograph for the records and back into the drain where she swam away.
      I'm happy, very happy.
      I'll be back on Saturday whatever the weather has on offer.




Comments