Spiders on overtime




      The boss doesn't like spiders, any spiders, even small ones, and a big spider could easily induce a fainting fit. That's why I have to bring the logs into the house because there are some real brahmas in the wood pile and some of them are big black ones too. What horrors.
      I quite like spiders and admire their industry, a damaged web is repaired by the next morning and perfect, what's not to like?
      I quietly explain that they eat mosquitos and flies and all of the other insects who are only loved by their mothers but the boss just starts walking backwards. Think of the beautiful webs I say but even this carries no weight in the argument at all.
      Needless to say when I saw this collection of disused webs and dead insects all I heard was I'm not going in there, for anyone.