Mr Spaceman's back



      Strange lights in the night sky over West Norfolk yet again.
      Normally they only appear in the autumn when we think they come to replenish their store of apples, even out in deepest space an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Perhaps they've come to steal some sugar beet plants to transfer to their galactic farm out in the Milky Way, no doubt they also have a sweet tooth.
      Now the burning question, do I get onto my hotline to the Control Tower at RAF Lakenheath and get a pair of F15s airborne to check this phenomenon out? It would be good practice and a test for 48th Fighter Wings' response times or do I have another glass of Dr John's Denver Ale?
      I think I'll go for the beer and remain on full alert, by the telephone. The country's security is in safe hands.