A damned close shave




      A couple of weeks ago these two baby doves had the closest shave possible, well the closest until they meet the sparrow hawk that hunts through the garden.
      I'd decided to trim the hedge back prior to removing it completely to build a new fence, the petrol hedge trimmer was working a treat and I was almost at the end of the first set of cuts when I spotted a scruffy little nest. For some reason I stopped and bent the branch down to reveal the two doves when they had only just hatched and were balls of fluff. You can see how close a shave they had by the cut branch on the right and all the debris hanging around them, now they're about to fly their precarious nest, I checked the nest this morning after posting this blog and they've flown.
      I wish them luck with the sparrow hawk.



Comments