Good franking, almost




      The Boss and I were quite intrigued when a parcel arrived at Two Terrier Towers covered in stamps instead of some soulless and anonymous, self-adhesive, monochrome, smudged computer printout.
      The fanatics amongst us, namely me, would say that the Post Office franking of the stamps could have been more sympathetically done but in truth I think I could have been described as being picky.
      Never mind, they are not a first day cover that people see as an investment just someone sticking a load of stamps on a parcel and the man, or woman, at the Post Office must have had to knock the dust off the the rubber franking stamp, get out the ink pad and enter the Post Office of a decade or two ago.
       There's something about a proper parcel.



Comments

  1. With you there TT - brown paper, string as well - I still send letters, I am amazed at how this has died out - now looked upon as old school would you believe!! TTFN Dickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Dickie, get the Parker out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment