Rusting and rotting




      There is something about old farm sheds when the weather and the passage of time begin to do their work. It goes somewhere far beyond the patination that is so loved by the antique trade. The dried out wood, the popped screws, rust and the sagging door, the boss says it's an abstract representation of me. Cheek.
      Anyway I walk past this old door practically every day and the two Jack Russell Terriers generally pee on it every time we pass it too. I'm really glad they have the same bizarre interests as me, that's somehow comforting and there's nothing like shared interests to make a relationship work much more smoothly.
      The only thing that is missing is a flash of Norfolk Bog Door Blue but the Norfolk Green Privy is almost as good as a substitute.
       


Comments

  1. The Chinese have a name for the appreciation of worn organic objects i think it's called Wabi Sabi and interesting cultural philosophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will research that Piscator, very interesting. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I do spot a tiny patch of Norfolk Bog Door Blue TT. Don't know about the JRT's, in my advancing age and with sweling prostrate I have quite a few favoured spots to pull over the Charabanc these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB, When you are desperate you just go Commando!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment