The blues and greys




      I absolutely love these two old oil tanks that are full of red diesel.
      One day I said to the farmer who owns them 'don't you ever repaint them, they look wonderful'. I got a perplexed look back, and silence for a while, before he said 'you're as mad as some of those silly buggers that live around here and it's soft in the head that they are'.
      At this point I decided that there was point in launching into a critique on tonal values or the juxtaposition of rust, the grey sky and the blue tanks but even before I had decided to walk on with Minnow and Barney he killed the conversation stone dead with the chilling admission that, now brace yourself here, 'I aint got none o' that lovely blue paint left anyway'.
      No Norfolk Bog Door Blue, now there's a conversation stopper.



Comments