A missed opportunity




      For nearly eight years I have admired this old ventilator cover painted Norfolk Bog Door Blue and placed high up on the wall of an abandoned garage workshop in a small village in West Norfolk. Now the site has been sold and it is probably going to be developed in some way or another and the lovely blue wrought ironwork has gone.
      The piece of Victorian wrought ironwork, about three feet in diameter, has been taken down and appropriated much to my irritation. So, all those times that I have driven past and thought 'I wonder who owns it, I must stop and find out', well the opportunity has gone and now there's plenty of time to kick myself for not asking.
       Not quite as bad as 'my wife done gone and left me' but pretty close, now I've definitely got those old ventilator blues.



Comments