Piking on Pophams




      A nostalgic image for those pike fisherman who are already thinking about autumn and winter pike fishing expeditions in pursuit of esox. Looking out of the window this morning the sky looks like that portrayed in the print, the blue skies seem to have disappeared for a while and it is decidedly chilly.
      This is a linocut print that I produced a few years ago and I don't think I have ever posted it on the blog, if I have I apologise, but it is one of my favourites. The landscape looks a bit chilly and there's some nasty weather coming but just think about that lovely fire and a beer when you get home. Meanwhile it would be back to a cup of the tepid tea or coffee from the flask.
      This particular print was also used as a card too but anyway you just keep watching carefully and that red pike float might well dive under.



Comments