I ate too much




      We bought some fresh cherries at a local farm shop on the way home from our favourite butchers at the weekend. I have to admit that I had thoughts of scoffing some and spitting the stones out as I walked the two Jack Russell Terriers across the fen but it never happened.
      Lucie, the puppy, had eaten a cake recipe book, well seriously damaged it and about the only intact page was a recipe for an 'upside down' fresh cherry cake. I fought with my conscience a little but agreed that the cake sounded a wonderful use for the fresh cherries.
      The boss pressed on and made the cake with all the cherries at the bottom, not the usual 'Cherry Bismark Cake' where all the cherries sink to the bottom although they are not meant to. I have to report that with some slimline clotted cream it was fantastic. I should have photographed a cross section of the cake but amazingly it's all gone.
       The chewy bits were the best, like fruity toffee.
      Please can we have some more?



Comments

Post a Comment