Noisy sky. Peaceful sky




      The aircraft were, I suspect, from the 48th Fighter Wing but first of all two aircraft came over the house very high and very fast. I raced indoors for the camera but they'd gone with the vapour trails rapidly dissipating in the clear blue sky. As always I'm too late when we get into action in the fast air zone.
      Pursuing a more sedate lifestyle I decide I'm going to water the greenhouse, after all, thinking about all that high speed work at that height makes me dizzy. Before I know it here's another single aircraft, I charge back into the house and grab the camera but needless to say it's gone leaving a pursuing vapour trail so it's back to watering the chillies and tomatoes.
      I suspect it was the F15s from RAF Lakenheath and the F16 Falcons from Aviano in Italy who are visiting RAF Lakenheath that were ripping up the sky. Then in ten minutes the sky clears and peace returns.
      As our nephew, who flies a fast jet says, 'it's the sound of freedom'.
      We love to see and to hear them though.




Comments

  1. While fishing upper dam in Maine I was given a close look at a US fighter jet. It seemed to be at lake level even to the fish. Very loud and very fast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, a couple of weeks ago we had a low pass from five F15s in line astern and one hundred yards apart, they were at about 1,000 feet maximum. Sue spotted the first one and then the sound arrived! The 48th Fighter Wing put on some fantastic displays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss the Coltishall Jags

      Delete
    2. ON the day of the five F15 low, very low, fly-by, a local farmer said he was in his tractor when they arrived. He was in the cab listening to Pink Floyd or Deep Purple and they scared the whatsit out of him. They were probably lower there...

      Delete

Post a Comment