The dawn of a new day




      The other morning we were woken up by the house intermittently shaking and there were thuds, bangs and tearing sounds that sounded like artillery. When I looked over the fence I could see that our farmer neighbour and good friend had started ripping out a row of 'conifers' that were growing like weeds and had started to steal the light from our kitchen. Worse still they were going to obscure my favourite transformer box.
      The photograph at the top shows the melodramatic dawn on that morning, a portent of things to come. Below the view that has been revealed, bright green winter wheat, my favourite and very original Nissen Hut and the view into the distance, although it's still dark so you'll have to take my word for it.
      Absolutely marvellous.


      This morning's sunrise wasn't to shabby either. Needless to say the Boss is thrilled and she's told our friend that he has amassed so many 'Brownie Points' that he's getting a Christmas cake, a lemon drizzle cake and a chocolate cake before Christmas.
      That puts me in my place then. I'd better go and rip a hedge up with my bare hands, meanwhile good for dawn, she's not bad when she's in the mood.
      I can see the advantage in having a JCB in the barn though.