Hyacinth bouquet




      I had popped in on a local grower to buy some flowers for the boss and to get some 'brownie points' on the board. As I paid for the flowers the proprietor said that he was going to ring me to see if I wanted some hyacinths that he couldn't sell because some had grown blind in the pots or they simply weren't up to standard.
      Obviously I said yes because if I didn't take them they would simply get mulched and put on the compost heap. In total there were forty three pots with five bulbs or more in each pot and thirty loose bulbs, all in a mixture of pink, blue and white. Over two hundred and fifty bulbs for free, what a result. I gave a friend fourteen pots for her garden and the rest are planted in the side garden.
      They'll put on a fantastic display next year so that should add up to quite a few 'brownie points' and that's with two ladies as well.
      It works for me.





Comments


  1. Willreply to email tomorrow after we take the old Jack Russell to the 'supersets' in Newmarket. He's really poorly and thank goodness for insurance. John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment