The box went bang




      Tragedy, the transformer box at the back of the house has had to be replaced. There was an almighty flash and a bang, cooling oil went all over the road and the power for some households promptly ceased. We were lucky because that particular feed doesn't supply us and I'm glad that I wasn't walking past with the two Jack Russells, after all boiling oil is a bit medieval.



      When I spoke to one of the engineers he said it was caused by corrosion so it would seem that the boxes aren't checked for the effects of the weather, they go bang and they get replaced. Seems a bit bit radical but I suppose in manpower terms it is more economical. I asked if I could have the old one but it had to go to wherever old transformers go rather than become a feature in our garden.
      The two mirrored 'Ls' have gone now and we've got a shiny new box so dawn will never be the same, it's not even in the middle between the poles either.





Comments