Late on parade




      The asparagus season ended on June 21st but we cleaned and kept this line-up in the chiller so that we could have a naughty feast after the end of the season. Obviously the commercial growers carry on cropping but as far as our farmer friend and neighbour is concerned the twenty first of June is the day that is the end of the season, like it or lump it.
      The Boss made him an asparagus tart so he was exceedingly pleased with the result of his last picking.



      Last on parade are some of the remaining Father's Day presents from the children and out of twenty four small bottles the only one I didn't enjoy was one made with rhubarb. Yes, that's what I thought too. Mind you I still drank it.
      The strong stout and the two Trappist beers have been saved for a very specific purpose because the next time we go up to the North Norfolk coast I'm going to buy a dozen oysters and indulge myself.
      And why not.



Comments

  1. I'm not a fan of the current Citra type brews, grapefriut is even worse than rhubarb in a beer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB, That rhubarb was grim and I've got another, a can in the fridge that has coffee in it...? I'll have to be pissed to try that. John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment