Eeny, meeny, miny, mo




      Two delicious, fresh, organic apples picked while walking the two Jack Russell Terriers this morning. On the left a Cox's Orange Pippin and on the right a small and juicy Spartan, the choice is a difficult one because I love both varieties but the political thing to do would be to take them home and share them with the Boss and some local cheese at lunchtime.
      Every time that I pass through the orchard with the two Jack Russells I pick a couple and when I get back home they are stored carefully in a cool fridge in the shed, that way they'll last until well after Christmas. The next apples to mature are the Jonagold and Jonared and they'll get precisely the same storage treatment.
      Meanwhile Lucie continues to covet either or both, before long she'll do a flying leap to try and knock them out of my hand and then rush off, hide and crunch up her spoils.
      No chance my little friend.



Comments