Trebles 0, Circles 0 = Blank




      A other couple of hours of testing, testing, testing. My leave pass was cancelled at the weekend because the family turned up and I was required to remain in the camp to help with the grandchildren. The best laid plans and all that. The last time I was out and about I decided to wear a lightweight waxed jacket and a sweater thinking it wouldn't be too cold but I was cold, very cold so this time the winter fishing jacket came out and off I went. To keep things even I was going to fish at the old moorings so I was fishing the same venue and using the same tactics and rigs.
      A very cold east to south east wind was blowing down the course of the drain and when I saw the farmer he told me that two feet of water had been pumped out the day before. Just what you don't want to hear.
      Anyway, out with the tackle starting, initially, with smelt on each rod. Then after an hour a fresh roach deadbait. Then lamprey. Then a sprat. Then frustration because nothing was moving apart from the small perch and roach I was catching on worms taken from the compost heap.
      After four hours as it was getting dark I decided that a hot cup of tea was calling and headed home to plan the next trip.
      0 + 0 + 0 = a blank. Not exactly Fermat's theorem and the hook debate continues.

      

Comments

Post a Comment