An atomic Funghi




      I've been trying to identify this fungi, I noticed it growing on the stump of a small branch on a plum tree when the two Jack Russell Terriers and I were ploughing through the mud on their Sunday morning patrol yesterday.
      The boss and I had watched a documentary the night before on the nuclear tests north west of Las Vegas in the late fifties and early sixties and it reminded me of one of the stages of the mushroom cloud rising into the sky. Perhaps I've been eating too many mushrooms or I possess an overactive imagination but that's what it looked like to me, or maybe it's more like a subliminal suggestion.
      Symbolic funghi arrive in West Norfolk.



Comments

  1. Evening John,

    I think it could be Phellinus Tuberculosus, was it growing on a plum tree?

    Alistair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alistair, Yes it was on a plum tree. Best wishes, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was once told my John 'Lofty' Wiseman who wrote the SAS survival book that you can eat any fungi that grows on trees, did you give it a try ?

    ReplyDelete

  4. Mick, I have to own up to not trying it. There are others like plates growing out from the tree trunks that sharpen and clean a knife blade. I think I'll pass. Good to see the Jimny, great motor. My cousin, a farmer North Yorkshire has one for ten years or so and he's never got stuck anywhere, mud, snow, water the lot. All the best, John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment