A walk to the Bedford




      Just for a change a walk without the two terriers and a walk and chance to explore some new fishing venues. For various reasons I haven't been able to get out with a rod and line for just over a month so I needed to top up the optimism levels. The opportunity arrived because of a visit to a local baker for flour and as always with me driving and the boss up in the turret we were going to turn off the main road and do some exploring on foot.
      The first stop after buying the provisions was to check my favourite view down the Bedford, this is a great place for using a wobbled dead Roach or Rudd, but the bank-side growth can make things tricky. The water isn't too deep but there's a lot of weed down on the bottom and because of this it is fairly easy to fish for the the Perch, Pike and Zander. It doesn't make them easy to catch though



      When I walked back I had a word with an angler who was blowing some Christmas cobwebs away, he was from North Wales and visiting his mum. He'd caught some bits and pieces and while we were chatting he hooked into a pretty good bream but as I got the camera ready for it being netted it rolled and came off. The curse of the camera.
      His Springer Spaniel was very energetic and sociable too.



      The guillotine lock where the Bedford joins the tidal river and this little pool always looks fishy so I'll be giving it a try. All of these three venues are within a couple of hundred yards of one another so a visit to give them a little attention is being planned.



Comments