Herringbone and other fish




      I popped in to see a local farmer at the weekend to exchange pleasantries and mainly to thank him for allowing me to fish a drain that runs right through the middle of his land so he 'owns' both banks. Nobody is allowed to fish there because of mess and litter that was left by anglers twenty years or more ago, they've got long memories around here. I can start fishing it next season and he's going to tidy up the access road so that I've got easier access.
       Anyway to the herringbone. This is the floor in his office which is in an outbuilding and I'd be quite happy to have a kitchen floor like that. He doesn't know who laid it apart from the fact that it was one of his distant relatives and he used to keep his horse and cart in there.
      How times change.



Comments

Post a Comment