Among the rushes




      We had taken the Boss' car for a service and had a couple of hours to wait so the 'spare time' was spent rooting around in a flea market before going for a pub lunch. What could possibly be better? Anyway as we hunted through the chaos I found a box of postcards and spent a very happy half hour hunting through and losing myself in a little social history and one of the cards that I found was this one.
      It turned out that it was my only purchase too, it cost me one whole pound but as far as I am concerned what a bargain, I'm definitely the very last of the big spenders.
      What caught my eye was man struggling with the punt in the obviously high wind and the Parson Jack Russell Terrier following his contortions with apparent boredom. We'll never know if he was a punt gunner, fisherman or reed cutter but I had great sympathy for him in those conditions and we've had plenty of gales like that all through this winter.
      It was good to read that Alice's father was feeling better too. I can't help but wonder if he was a terrier man and an angler.