Socially distanced crop spraying




      The farmer was out very early yesterday morning sealing the ground where the peas have been planted, presumably to help control the weeds. I don't know how it works but I'm assured it does so who am I to argue.
      Although we have space to walk the dogs and the environment is empty practically all of the time in the lock-down seems to put an extra tension on the walks. We see the farmer in his cab and exchange the acknowledgement of a wave, a kind of solidarity I suppose, but it feels different, strangely different.
      As a bonus the weather is hot and our old Jack Russell, Barney, felt the heat yesterday afternoon so no walk for him this pm instead we'll do a super long walk very early tomorrow morning so that he can lounge and sleep the rest of the day away after a busy outing with Lucie and the farmer's Golden Retriever, she's always up and about early.
      Stay fit and stay safe everyone.







Comments

  1. Work took me in my hermetically sealed charabanc out your way on Wednesday. The Creek looked lovely and as you'd imagine alive with priming fish. I do fear this might be our lot well into summer if not beyond

    Take care both

    ReplyDelete

  2. BB, I have a feeling you are right and there'll be no chance while Manchester continues to party. By the way I cannot communicate with your blog at all. Any ideas why? Take care, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure about blog comments. OneO f those pesky quirks I guess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment