The Band Elwood, the Band



      Sunday evening and the boss and I were sitting outside enjoying a glass of white wine when this fabulous specimen slowly drifted into view.
      This one has got the lot, a bit of the grey moodiness, the sun shining behind the main mass giving the silver lining and all those rays bursting around the top edge giving the full renaissance painting look. At one point I was expecting to hear trumpets and see the cloud slowly part.
      On the other hand it's straight out of 'The Blues Brothers' if the Boss had said 'The band' I would have known where she was coming from, although I don't think I would have been able the gymnastics and handstands down the drive.
      In fact I think that's a definite lockdown project, watch 'The Blues Brothers' again.
      With a few beers of course.







Comments

  1. The original Blues is a classic.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Anonymouss, Dead right, everyone in it is a star turn. I've got the original DVD and the Directors cut which explains things a little more, like the aerosol glue on the accelerator pedal of the Good 'Ol Boys Winnebago. Saturday night is late premier night!. Stay safe, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most splendid John. I had need to be out and about yesterday along Gallus Drove and Pious Drove then back through Marshland St James and across the A47 and A17 to the Terringtons. Supply drops and window waving. Only so much you can do for folks by sitting at home on a lap top. Good job diesel is so cheap at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB, I stopped the other day to look into the Sixteen Foot and felt guilty. Utterly ridiculous. I'll go fishing come the sixteenth, well it's socially isolating, I'll just walk over the field to the creek and the nearest people will be on the road. You and yours, stay safe, John

    PS What were you delivering, food or prescriptions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of resources and adapations of things for families that I had to make as not every one has printers, laminaters and comb binders just laying around at home. They Couldn't go the post as the delivery costs would have exceeded the mileage. Work when I briefly and occasionally go in is quiet and safe.

    Back to a proper close season is a good way to think about it. You did say the 16th was your 3 months isolation break out right back at the start of all this

    Keep safe too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BB, Well remembered, but I may get a chance at a farm pond before that. Well, I live in hope that I will. Stay safe, John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment