Who's a handsome boy then?




      This wonderful moth came into my line of vision on Friday morning as I turfed the two terriers out for their early morning pee, he was just basking in the early morning sun, well you need a good sleep when you're permanently on the nightshift. In the interim I've got quite attached to him, he was on the wall right next to the back door and there he stayed until Saturday evening when he got the urge to take flight again.
      I have a book, no it's a bible, on British moths but I can't find him anywhere in there but it's a bit tricky when you don't know exactly what you are looking for. In real life he, or she, was about two inches long and rather splendidly camouflaged but not against the wall obviously.
      The creature made me smile anyway.



Comments