Norfolk Bog Door Blue and decay

 


      Out on my walks with the two terriers I pass through some strange places. Perfectly good farmyards being allowed to not just dilapidate but simply rot away and be reclaimed by nature. Now, I know this is the way of all things but it does seem strange to allow perfectly good infrastructure to simply degrade and rot away.

      I asked one farmer about it and he described it as a previous life where the owner is retired and doesn't care anymore, in fact he described as a situation where the owner  can't see it anymore. In a way I suppose it's no different to the old farm machinery gradually rotting away in an orchard or the back of a hedge or copse.

      Strange but true I suppose, but that heritage colour Norfolk Bog Door Blue remains bright and cheerful.




Comments