A wintry shower, freezing later

 

      We've seen more snow in the last couple of weeks than we've seen in the last ten years. Unlike some parts of the country. Yesterday we had a short blizzard of an hour or two but it struggled lay on the wet ground, then last night we had -5C and now we're promised more snow. The question is will it arrive or slide by West Norfolk? 

      The rest of the UK has had some heavier layers but as the view out of my studio window shows we've got off lightly. Yesterday when the two terriers got back from their walk Barney, with his dense double coat, had a pie crust of frozen snow on his back. I don't think that will happen this afternoon. I checked the old fashioned mercury filled maximum and minimum thermometer when we got and it was -1C at 15.45 so I think a pretty cold night is on the cards particularly with the clear sky that we're promised.



Comments

  1. Heavy frost, and dank fog today though we did have some snow yesterday .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car doors were frozen shut this morning and the river is frozen solid too.

      Delete
    2. The zander would have had some respite..

      Delete
  2. John we have been dealing with "true" winter here for the last week. I'm now ready for "true" spring.
    I like the cartridge display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alan, this is my fifth attempt to reply with this new Google system foiling me every time. Stay safe, John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan, I forgot, 12g, 20g, .410g (long and short). the brass are .303, .22/250, .22, .17 and one .50cal found in field, cleaned up and no propellant. All the best, John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment