The holly wood bowls

 

      Well here we are in lockdown again and on yet another lonely walk, which is just like all the walks before lockdown, the two terriers they disappear into a small copse and start rummaging around a pallet with what looks like a couple of torsos on it. After they both pee on it the pause in their perpetual motion allows me to catch up with them and discover what looked suspiciously like a couple of torsos is in fact the boles of two old holly bushes.

      It's quite surprising how a layer of frost changes the appearance of what is an everyday object. When I questioned the farmer he told me they were seasoning because he's given them to a wood turner in exchange for a holly wood fruit bowl, must say I don't envy him tidying all the bits of wire and baler twine that are absorbed into the wood but I've no doubt they will look wonderful. Perhaps I should put my order in.





Comments

  1. John, those two terriers will keep you in photographic material on your lonely walks.
    Keep posting and I'll walk with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment