A little bit unsettling, a little bit creepy


      On our Fenland mystery tour earlier this week, me driving and the Boss in the turret, we came upon a lonely dwelling that was just a little bit Stephen King. There was nobody around as I took the photograph of the unblinking doll's head and the monkey on the gatepost, a strange juxtaposition there, worried about the doll's forehead and got back in the car.

      The doll's head did have hair and what looked like a strange cut down ladies stocking on it and it has been wired up for something. Maybe the eyes light up but we'll have to see it in the dark to find out. Meanwhile the mini King Kong just sat and stared.

      Needless to say the Boss was happy to move on even though she didn't hear any banjos being tuned although I was convinced that the doll's eyes moved as I went back to the car. I didn't tell the Boss though.



Comments

  1. Excellent. It reminds me of a time I was walking in Crete and I came across a quaint cottage. I imagined a kind elderly couple living there. It was only a few seconds after noticing the sheep skulls on the posts, that two waist high, somewhat unfriendly dogs appeared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil, It's that strange feeling of being watched, quite disturbing and very M.R.James.

      Delete
    2. There are some rum'uns out on those flatlands for sure...

      Delete
    3. You're not wrong and I've met a few over the eleven years we've been here. Sue knows a school inspector, or some similar role, and she said there's 'good fen' and 'bad fen'. You know back when 80% of the pupils in a small village school had the same surname. Another strange post to follow shortly... John

      Delete

Post a Comment