It arrived overnight

      Bizarrely I peeped out of the bedroom window at 6.00am to check on the weather and there was plant that I hadn't planted. Weird. Overwhelmed by curiosity I thought I'd let it carry on growing rather than pull it out of the ground. The Triffid like plant grew and produced a weird flower that looked quite malignant. Then it swiftly died back having done what it was supposed to do. Strangely even the terriers didn't pee on it making me think it was a bit alien, a bit suspicious.

      Anyway, I looked it up and apparently it's a really common hedgerow plant in the South of England called 'Lord and Lady', mind you I've never seen one before but what does that prove? The plant has wilted now but will there be a second coming where it's even bigger and walks by night?





Comments

  1. We have quite a few now TT. Have red poisonous berries too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't got any berries bit the brown thing is all wrapped up again. Weird, I think I'll dispose of it tomorrow. It looks interesting but unpleasant. John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment