A fly flown in from the Netherlands

 


      Yesterday the Christmas post brought an outstanding and colourful surprise from the Netherlands. A pike fly. Now the big question is do I risk losing it in the reeds and rushes that line and edge the drains or do I just sit and admire it pinned on my studio wall in front of me. A hard decision believe me. I think that until Christmas is past it's safe on the pin-board but it will have to be tested, carefully, but tested none the less.

      The colours remind me of those psychedelic posters and graphics from the 1960's, for those of us who remember them, and you have to bear in mind it will look very different once it has been immersed in water but for the time being I'm just going to enjoy the aesthetic and the colours. Merry Christmas everyone.