The alien from Planet Tomato

 


      I've never grown this tomato species before so the journey is definitely one of learning! The seeds were sent to me by a friend in the Netherlands and I planted three one of which didn't germinate, mind you the weather in the UK in Spring and early summer has been wet, chilly and did not provide the greatest growing conditions with a shortage of warmth. Anyway, the variety is Ananis Noir or Black Pineapple Tomato and it is an 'Heirloom Tomato'.

      This is the first picking and I've let it get a little larger than I should have done, inside as green tomato there's yellow flesh, red flesh and green flesh and very few seeds. Sliced they're going to be super on a burger and the Boss reports that it tastes fantastic being sweet, tangy and smoky. Without doubt a great success and I'll be growing them next year too.