Shed identity crisis


We had a busy week last week building new fences, a gate, fitting new gutters and downpipes and most important of all, erecting a new executive shed.
      I could say that the fence was twelve feet high, just to give the shed some presence, but it's not. It's six foot and a bit high and in one loose-tongued moment I called it a 'Wendy Shed'. The name has stuck!
      Yesterday we went out on patrol to Holme-next-the-Sea, me driving and the boss in the turret. When we arrived there was sea and sand. After a walk, looking at sea and sand, we returned to base for tea and cake and the first comment? 'That corner looks much better with your Wendy Shed'. While I was barbecuing the Wendy Shed 'looked lovely in the golden evening light'.
      This morning I'm thinking camouflage or bitumen black for a more purposeful look or maybe the camouflage netting I construct the pigeon-hide with, that's a great look.
      But it is still a Wendy Shed.

Comments